Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not open a recovered file in terminal I typed "unzip" then pushed enter and then received End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter c

I can not open a recovered file that was compressed. I uncompressed the file and it is now a .zip or .cpgz

In terminal I "unzip" and then received

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not

a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the

latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on

the last disk(s) of this archive.

unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /Users/michaelsmoothgraninger/Desktop/TurboTax2004_2005-00001.cpgz or

/Users/michaelsmoothgraninger/Desktop/TurboTax2004_2005-00001.cpgz.zip, and cannot find /Users/michaelsmoothgraninger/Desktop/TurboTax2004_2005-00001.cpgz.ZIP, period.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:19 AM

1 reply

I can not open a recovered file in terminal I typed "unzip" then pushed enter and then received End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.