Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App "No Message Selected"

I just upgraded to 8.3 on my Iphone 6 plus and now when I click Mail App a grey screen pops up with message that says no message selected. I click the unread button in the left corner and my messages are all there. This is very annoying as I didn't have any problems with the previous version. I have an Exchange Email setup on my Iphone along with a yahoo and AOL. Please help fix this.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:48 AM

To add to this I have deleted my exchange account and readded it with no change. I have reset my network setting. This is really making me mad.

7 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:25 AM in response to art.goede

i have this exact same problem and it's driving me nuts. I am on 8.4 but it's been happening probably since 8.0 or earlier.

I've wiped my phone multiple times to go to factory settings and no matter what type of email account I add, gmail, AOL, or even custom domain accounts on my own hosting, the unread mail folder consistently goes to "no message selected" upon opening and then I have to click "Unread" to see my unread emails.

APPLE! PLEASE FIX!

Jul 21, 2015 7:28 AM in response to goforitmanager

Yep - it's just about the most annoying issue I've seen on iOS.

To solve the problem, I started using the Gmail app itself, but that's not really a good solution. It only works for gmail accounts. There may be other company specific apps for various email addresses. I tried the Outlook app and couldn't stand it, although many other people have said they like it. That one allows you to hook up a variety of email accounts from different email hosts. Maybe that will be an interim solution until they revamp the entire Mail app eventually. That will probably be the long-term solution - maybe in iOS 9.

You would think that such a minor issue would have an easy solution.

Mail App "No Message Selected"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.