Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes does not see all of my music on external hard drive

I have an external hard drive with all of my music.

Older versions of ITunes would see all of my albums

The last couple of ITunes updated versions do not contain all of my library.

some artists have 8-10 albums and only 1 or 2 show up in ITunes.

Help

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:08 AM

Check the security permissions on the drive. See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

Enable the menu bar if needed with CTRL+B.

Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced check that the media folder is set as you wish it to be, and also that the options for Keep... & Copy... are what you want. Uncheck copy if your media folder is elsewhere and you don't want to create copies when importing.

Use File > Add Folder to Library and select the folder that has you missing content. It should be added to the library.

See also Make a split library portable and Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 11:08 AM in response to jlbslbelb

Check the security permissions on the drive. See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

Enable the menu bar if needed with CTRL+B.

Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced check that the media folder is set as you wish it to be, and also that the options for Keep... & Copy... are what you want. Uncheck copy if your media folder is elsewhere and you don't want to create copies when importing.

Use File > Add Folder to Library and select the folder that has you missing content. It should be added to the library.

See also Make a split library portable and Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy

tt2

Itunes does not see all of my music on external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.