Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem binding certain machines to OD master

I have a mac mini running Server 4 on OSX 10.10. My environment has a few different flavors of OSX (10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10) and the majority of them have been able to connect and bind to my open directory master with no issues. I have three machines, one running 10.7, and two running 10.9, that will not seem to bind. On the 10.9 machines, when I attempt to bind with diradmin, I am getting a console message saying....

4/17/15 6:47:08.304 AM Directory Utility[411]: Bind failed with code 5101, error: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=5101 "existing connection is not authenticated: password change denied" UserInfo=0x61000007ba80 {NSLocalizedDescription=existing connection is not authenticated: password change denied, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Authentication server refused operation because the current credentials are not authorized for the requested operation.}

On the server at the same time I get this...

4/17/15 6:47:08.225 AM kdc[71]: TGS-REQ diradmin@SP-SERVER.LOCAL from 192.168.***.***:60458 for host/ba****.local@SP-SERVER.LOCAL [forwardable]

The error I am getting in Directory Utility is "Unexpected error while binding operation cancelled".

Like I said, I have most of my machines bound and working, just these three will not. Any insight on this would be great. Thanks

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:06 AM

1 reply

Problem binding certain machines to OD master

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.