Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Destructive audio edit in LPX

HowinLPXyou can process individualaudio regionin any plug-indestructiveform.Is there such a possibility? Here is aaudio editor, buthe is weakto process the files. Don't understandwhythere are noelementary functions suchasfile processinginstalled plugins.I foundthe optionof usingan external audioeditor, butstillhave not found a goodoption becauseif the process thesource file,thenthe logicstartsas somethingwith these filesto work correctly. Tell me whohandles asseparateaudio regionsinLPXindestructiveform?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 6:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 12:46 PM in response to V.Kay

Logic calls it "Bounce in Place", but it's actually a workaround for what you're asking. I too wish the Logic's audio editor worked more like the Nuendo/Cubase audio editor which possibly the most complete audio editor available in a current DAW. I usually know exactly what and how I want to edit, it would be convenient to highlight an area then pull up a plugin, audition some parameters and then apply it destructively to the audio file.

"Bounce in Place" will work but after you've used the method I describe, it seems slow.

Destructive audio edit in LPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.