Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to iCloud account after reverting from iOS 8.3 to 8.2

I was having the problem on iOS 8.3 of getting the GPS data stream from an external GPS receiver via Bluetooth; so I reverted to iOS 8.2 and can get the Location data stream as before into various apps. This is my main use for the iPod Touch 5g. Now, I cannot log into my iCloud account on the iPod, apparently (I'm guessing) because it's not running the latest version of iOS. I can log into my iCloud account easily on my iMac. I have an iPad also logged in. So, the account is okay. But whenever I go into Settings>iCloud and enter the account's AppleId and Password, verification fails. It seems I can have the iCloud connection (8.3) or a GPS Bluetooth data stream (8.2), but not both.

Is there any fix?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, reverted to iOS 8.2 from iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:01 PM

A network reset seems to have mostly fixed the problem. However, I don't see all the photos from PhotoStream that should be seen. Most of them. I see very early ones and the latest. The other apps that depend on iCloud appear to be working fully.

6 replies

Apr 17, 2015 2:00 PM in response to KiltedTim

Sorry, Tim, but that's ridiculous. When a new point release destroys important functionality without warning, reverting is the only rational thing to do until the problem is resolved. iOS 8.3 was released just a few days ago, please recall. Why would Apple keep 8.2 available for download? If you reply to a problem, try to be helpful, not just scold.

Can't sign in to iCloud account after reverting from iOS 8.3 to 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.