Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 on iphone touch?

Why can't i have IOS 7 on my ipod touch?

😟😠😐😕😢⚠

I don't want to buy a another ipod because the IOS 7 don't want to work!

BTW I 'cant download Instagram, Facebook, Kik or anything like that on the ipod.... and it isn't somethng wrong! It isn't fear that others ipods can have IOS 7..... but not Ipod Touch...

It says that i have to install IOS 7 but i can't..

- Mad Writer

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, I want ios 7 not ios 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 8:46 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 8:53 AM in response to MiriamGhazala

What model of iPod Touch do you have?

Its very possible your iPod simply cannot support iOS 7 . Only the 5th Generation iPod touch could update to iOS 7 when it was released.

But since then iOS 7 has been discontinued, and even the 5th Generation iPod cannot update to iOS 7 now, only update to iOS 8.

Nothing can update to iOS 7 anymore.

If you really want a new iOS version, then you'll need to buy a newer iPod.

Apr 17, 2015 9:36 AM in response to MiriamGhazala

You have a 4G iPod. It hardware (only 256 MB of RAM) does not support higher than 6.1.6.

You may be able to get a compatible version of those apps by:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Dec 9, 2016 4:57 AM in response to MiriamGhazala

Your iPod may not contain the hardware to support IOS7. You would need to have the iPod 5th generation or newer to support IOS7. As other replies state your device may be an iPod 4th generation and only has 256mb of ram and simply cannot support the newer software. Although IOS7 is around 3-4 years old and is outdated by IOS10.

IOS 7 on iphone touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.