Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to export vcard

I could not export vcard, whenever I click the export vcard no action is being taken, how to export all my contacts which are already stored in icloud (it can be seen on the screen as well) I wanted the contacts to be exported by vcard & at the same time to obtain the contacts from gmail (import vcard), but main problem that no action is being taken if I click to export vcard after having selected the all contacts. Any help on this topic please can anyone guide me to get back all my contacts as I have sold my iphone & taken HTC.

Thanks in advance for an appropriate helpful response.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Location: Saudi Arabia

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:22 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Snhhaz

Hello Snhhaz,

The resources below explain how to export contacts as vCard files from the iCloud.com website or using Microsoft Outlook.

iCloud: Export contact information as a vCard
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH3606?locale=en_US

iCloud: Archive your contacts
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2671?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

To create an archive (copy) of your iCloud contacts, you can use Microsoft Outlook on your Windows computer. Your computer must have the iCloud Contacts feature set up.

On a Windows computer with Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later: For instructions, open the app’s help and search for “export.”

Regards,

- Judy

Apr 20, 2015 2:29 PM in response to judysings

Judy,

I am experiencing the same problem. I have selected the contacts that I would like to export and then I click the 'gear' icon in the lower left of the screen. I then click "Export vCard" and nothing happens - no 'save' windows to set a save location, no pop-up blocker warnings - nothing. It appears as if the apple server is just not responding.

I have tried using the most recent versions of both the Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers and the situation is the same.

I guess it wouldn't be the true Apple experience if things just worked the way they should, but iCloud never seems to work for some reason or other and it is getting very frustrating.

Any suggestions?

Apr 21, 2015 12:30 PM in response to judysings

Hi Judy

I think most people have already followed the instructions and it does not seem to work.

I have followed the steps and it will not let me export the contacts. When I Choose Export vCard from the Action pop-up menu User uploaded file at the bottom of the contacts list nothing happens! I have tried this in Chrome and Internet Explorer and on two different computers. I have also re-started both computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

unable to export vcard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.