Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have both Pages '09 and Pages 5.5.2 on my iMac. Having problems finding and opening files. Get message: "Can't be opened. The required index.xml file is missing." What to do ??

I have an iMac early 2008, with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2., 5 GB RAM. Having problems with Pages. Have two versions currently on the computer: Pages '09 and Pages 5.5.2. Have been saving documents and at times cannot find them either on Finder or with Spot Light. When I have located them, they cannot be opened. Instead, I get: "Document couldn't be opened. The required index.xml file is missing." I am concerned about losing documents because of this problem.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:08 AM

2 replies

I have both Pages '09 and Pages 5.5.2 on my iMac. Having problems finding and opening files. Get message: "Can't be opened. The required index.xml file is missing." What to do ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.