Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i stop contacts changing on my 4s when i make change on my 6 or add a new contact it goes onto my 4s

I have given my mum my 4s but when I change contacts on my 6 it changes it on 4s too, how do I stop this please

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:36 AM

14 replies

Apr 17, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Horton123

Horton123 wrote:

yeah, I have just turned her data thing of on icloud settings and that has worked but I dunno if I should turn it of or not it deleted all the contacts of her phone and now have to type them all back in but if it works then it is worth doing I suppose

It will probably be easier in the long run if your mum has her own Apple ID.

Apr 17, 2015 3:56 PM in response to AppleGirl4231

AppleGirl4231 wrote:

She was probably assuming since the device was used by the user before, generally iCloud is the combining factor

I think you're misunderstanding the narrow scope of my reply. The statement that iCloud is the only way to sync contacts across iOS devices is factually incorrect. That statement and only that statement was the focus of my reply.

I'm not in a position to make any assumptions about anything that poster thought (or even their gender). I can only go by what they wrote.

Apr 25, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Horton123

However the original post stated that the changes went to their parents phone as well. Yes, signing in to a gmail across many devices will allow contacts to sync over but in this case as the situation may be iCloud logically made more sense. It's not fair to berate some one for focusing more on the specifics of the issue. I know you have tons of time to spend here and have bookoos of points, but the chances of having the same mail account on a device clearly being used by another person is EXTREMELY unlikely..... They made a mistake in their wording. Call it a day... 🙂

Apr 25, 2015 10:03 AM in response to AppleGirl4231

AppleGirl4231 wrote:

However the original post stated that the changes went to their parents phone as well...

As I stated, I was not replying to the original post. I made very clear, with a quote, to what I was replying. If auburnskys has an issue with my correcting their misinformation, they are free to comment.

but the chances of having the same mail account on a device clearly being used by another person is EXTREMELY unlikely.`

No, it's not unlikely at all, I see it quite frequently. Though I would never consider sharing an email account with someone else, many people (often couples or families) do.

how do i stop contacts changing on my 4s when i make change on my 6 or add a new contact it goes onto my 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.