Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slowness when selecting mail in Inbox in 10.10.3

Ever since the update to 10.10.3, selecting email in my INBOX in Mail.app has been very, very slow.

The app itself works fine, the there is a 1-2 second delay when clicking on an email after switching to Mail.app after being in another app.

I have completely reset Mail.app and that didn't make a difference.

Has anyone else found this?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 10:05 AM

6 replies

Apr 18, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Brent Davis

I am glad I am not the only one to have this issue. After the update I am noticing that all of my mail comes to my phone immediately but I am waiting an extra 1-2 minutes to get it to show up in my Mail application. This never happened before, this needs to be addressed, I find myself replying on my phone because I can;t wait for it to arrive in my Mail. I agree with Brent, worked completely fine before this update.

May 1, 2015 2:42 AM in response to Chris Blackstone

Follow these steps:

Open the Go menu with the Option key pressed - Open Library - Containers - com.apple.mail - Data - Library - Preferences.

Locate the file com.apple.mail.plist and move it your desktop. Restart your mac and check whether everything works fine.

If this does not help, follow these steps:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disc Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disc and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disc Permissions and then on Repair Disc Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Hope this helps!

Slowness when selecting mail in Inbox in 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.