Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

each time i try to connect my ipod it keeps coming up with a duplicate file name was specified,

can some one help me, each time i plug my ipod into the computor it keeps saying ,, a duplicate file name was specified, how can i change this file name ,,it seems to be the name of the ipod ,,?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:36 AM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 9:33 AM in response to stelincs

Hi stelincs,

You should be able to change the name of your iPod classic in the iTunes application. Here's how:

Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201997

Use your computer

1. Connect your device and open iTunes.
  2. Click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.) If you don't see your device, choose Hide Sidebar from the View menu.
  3. Next to the picture of your device, double-click the name of your device.
    User uploaded file
  4. Type the new name for your device and press Return on the keyboard.
  5. Sync the device (press Sync in the bottom right corner of the screen).

Last Modified:

Cheers,

- Judy

each time i try to connect my ipod it keeps coming up with a duplicate file name was specified,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.