Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 Unable to switch on/off

Hi,

for quite sometime my IPhone 5 on/off switch has stopped working; can anyone advice if this matter can be repaired?

I popped in the London apple store but they asked me a fortune to repaired which quite frankly its probably not worthy.

any advice of best practice?

Thanks

S

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 10:53 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 1:45 AM in response to HermesUK

You can also check on Apples site to see if your iPhone 5 qualifies for the power button replacement program. You put your serial number in, and it will tell you if that particular phone is eligible for a FREE button replacement. So that would be better than taking it to some dodgy backstreet phone repairer. I know, as mines in at the minute getting replaced, and as a bonus, they will swap your battery too at the same time. so according to the invoice I'm getting a new power button and battery for nowt. Not bad customer support for a 3 year old phone is it? Amazing actually springs to mind.

And as a bonus, they will loan you a phone to be going on with, as it takes about 5 days to do the repair.

Iphone 5 Unable to switch on/off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.