Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook pro 15 inch mid 2010, and upgraded to 10.10.3, and suddenly started to have parallel black stripes on my display, what is going on?

I have black, parallel stripes on my macbook pro 15 inch mid 2010, especiall started to happen with immediate upgrade of 10.10. 3..what is the problem? During these stripes screen also freezes, I already lost some of my work, I do not want to spend time trying turn it on, turn it off during my writing what is the solution, best

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:51 AM

5 replies

Apr 17, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Chuffly

Try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear and again when you log in. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don’t do them all at once.

Safe Mode - Mavericks also Yosemite

Safe Mode - About

Apr 17, 2015 12:22 PM in response to John Galt

Hı John,

managed to read all, seems like a fault as far as I can understand from others experience, however, it still not clear to me why should I have as soon as upgrade made. Is that mean appreciated issue or it may be third party software..However, I appreciate for quick your response and guidance. I believe that I am in the right environment regarding finding support..

Thank very much

Apr 17, 2015 1:30 PM in response to Chuffly

As strange as it sounds, the problems you describe have had a correlation to OS X upgrades. They seemed to have been more of them with Mavericks, but additional reports began to arise coincident with Yosemite.

Only Apple can make a definitive conclusion regarding that particular hardware problem. They have a specific test for it.

I have a macbook pro 15 inch mid 2010, and upgraded to 10.10.3, and suddenly started to have parallel black stripes on my display, what is going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.