Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant get my Epson wireless printer to stay connected to airport extreme

I purchased a Epson X-400 wireless printer at the same time that i purchased my IMac and everything was fine until i purchased and installed the airport extreme base station. Now the printer won't stay connected to the network and sometimes devices like our iPhones or our iPads recognize it and sometimes they don't. Is there something that needs changed in the settings? I Know that the airport extreme can make a wired printer wireless so I wasn't sure if the printer was already wireless if something needed to be changed in the settings. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated>

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 3:54 PM in response to peirce1970

If you want to use airprint then the printer must be connected by wireless.. apple for some reason take the air in airprint very seriously.

Most printers in the world are designed for PC and standard MS networking.. where the naming rules are much more limited than apple use.

Please fix up the naming on the AE.. short no spaces and pure alphanumerics.. NOT APPLE RECOMMENDED NAMES.

Fix up the passwords to the same rules but longer.. mixed case and numbers.. nothing else.

Then you can use the built in WPS setup of the Airport Utility.

Cant get my Epson wireless printer to stay connected to airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.