Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my audiobooks bought through itunes

How do I access my audiobooks bought through itunes? It says they are no longer available and to go through ibooks. I downloaded ibooks but can't see the audiobooks. I am very illiterate when it comes to the iphone.

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:04 PM

9 replies

Apr 17, 2015 1:02 PM in response to SaraLG7

Where are you seeing that says that they aren't available ?

Where did you buy the audiobooks, on your phone or on your computer's iTunes ? If you bought them on your iPhone then they should have downloaded into its Music app, the iBooks app is for reading books.

Note that audiobooks are currently a one-time only download from the store (so they won't show in the Purchased tab in the iTunes app on your phone for re-downloading), so you may want to copy it to your computer's iTunes via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases so that you can take a backup copy of it - it should copy over to the Books part of your computer's iTunes library (Audiobooks if using a Mac with OS X Mavericks+ on it).

Apr 17, 2015 1:29 PM in response to SaraLG7

Do the audiobooks show in the Audiobooks section in the Music app on your phone (they won't be in iBooks), and if so how do they show e.g. normal, greyed out ? And do they show in Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage (under the 'Storage' heading) > Music (if there are audiobooks stored in the Music app then there should be an Audiobooks section at the bottom of that screen listing them) ?

How do I access my audiobooks bought through itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.