Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mixing issues in Logic Pro X - Inconsistent Track number, Project Key, Track Output & Solo Safe mode

Hi All,

I am fade up of this problem. I don't know why one of my logic project is behaving very badly. I have tried everything like creating new project, copying existing one, resetting preferences etc. however no luck.

I am trying to mix my project for last 4 days but due to these issues I could not complete it. Following are the issues I am facing. Any help would be highly appreciated.

1. Track numbers are not in order in mixer window in accordance to main window. See below screen shots of the same.

2. No output from some of the tracks like vocal. I only hear Send output. Main track output fader shows signal, even master fader shows signal when I solo that track but no sound on speakers/headphone.

3. Project key automatically getting changed. I set it to D major but it gets changed to C major.

4. Few tracks automatically going into "Solo Safe" mode. See last image.

I am using Logic Pro X 10.1.1 version.

My system configurations are OS X Yosemite version 10.10.2, Ram 8 GB, HD 1TB

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Logic Mixing issues

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 10:25 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 12:58 PM in response to mukkilogic

Try using the Selective Track Import (STI) feature... to import selections of the tracks into a new project.... as then the tracks you select to import should all be in the right order (the order you choose to import them in..) in your new project...

http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-selective-track-import-in-logic-p ro-9--audio-3181

Note: The tutorial is for LP9 but it works the same way in LPX

Additional: STI is actually one of the most useful but underused features in Logic when wanting to troubleshoot, fix or identify issues with tracks etc... or to simply import tracks, regions and/or settings/plugins etc.. from one project to another...

Apr 17, 2015 1:12 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

3. Project key automatically getting changed. I set it to D major but it gets changed to C major.

4. Few tracks automatically going into "Solo Safe" mode. See last image.

3) Check the Global Key/Signature track.... remembering to set the key up correctly there at the point in time you wish the key change to take place...

Logic Pro X: Time and key signatures overview

4) This sounds like you have accidentally recorded such changes in a region's data.. and so when you play back, these actions take place....

Use the Event List to identify which regions and where.. so you can delete these actions... (Note exactly when it happens and then look in the Event list for each region at this point in time to find the 'codes' that are causing this and delete them)

Logic Pro X: Event List overview

Finally in reference to issue #1... Change the Mixer view from All to Tracks and see if the tracks are then in the correct order in the mixer...

User uploaded file

Apr 18, 2015 10:12 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Dear The Art Of Sound, First of all many thanks for reply and letting me know the STI feature. I did not know this and it seems to be a greatest feature. I have been actually looking something like this in logic since a long time.

Now regarding my problem..

3) I had correctly set project key in "Global Key" section.

4) I thought so earlier but I have checked event list in the event inspector and could not found any such issue.

Well, good news. I am kind of solved these problems. I actually read somewhere that changing audio device might help. I tried changing i/o device and it worked. But after sometime again same issue occurred. I again started hearing only send output. I repeated audio device changing step couple of times, even restarted machine to release lock on audio device if there any and it again worked then. but this was not the end I again faced same issue and this time luckily I was looking at the phase inspector and realized that few of my tracks are out of phase and those were crashing logic/project/audio device behavior. I resolved phase issue by decreasing stereo width of those tracks (I don't know any other method) and so far I have not faced this problem. If it works well till I finish my project then we can close this topic. Thanks once again.

Mixing issues in Logic Pro X - Inconsistent Track number, Project Key, Track Output & Solo Safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.