Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut 10.2 alpha bug

I am working with some motion graphics exported from motion (5.2) and now I want to compose them in a timeline in final cut 10.2 and the alpha channel of 2 of the clips are not working. I checked that I were not a problem of the video files in the previous version of final ( there worked perfectly). also tried to change the setting on the alpha handling in the info tab and it stays stuck in "none/ignore alpha".

The only work around that I could find is to add an effect to the clip (like "aged film") and set the amount to 0

PD: tried on an Imac 27" 2014 and Macbook pro 17" 2011 both with OS X 10.10.3

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:17 PM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2015 3:05 PM in response to Mate.gomez

The presence of an alpha is noted as a simple flag deep in the metadata. If the flag is not set, FCP will believe there is no alpha and treat the clip accordingly with none/ignore as the only option. that does not mean the alpha is not really there. It just means FCP will not believe you. You can process the movie in Motion, which may accept and properly display the alpha, and render/export again as 4444, millions of color+, and set the alpha to straight (I never use premultiplied myself, never understood it). Bring the new version back into FCP and see what happens.

Possible that your movie was rendered with the background turned on so the alpha is actually filled with black.

final cut 10.2 alpha bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.