Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word for mac won't let me insert pictures anymore, only Photo Booth pictures not iPhoto pictures

I have been using Word for mac ever since I have had a mac however recently (I think since an update) word will only let me insert pictures from Photo Booth, not iPhoto or 'Photos' where all my pictures are held. This option on Word for mac is under the media browser option, pictures and the drop down menu only allows Photo Booth. Any help is welcome.

Many Thanks

MacBook, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 6:06 AM

flloydfromstlucia wrote:

This answer strikes me as rather inconsiderate. This problem only began with the issue of the updated iPhoto to the so-called "Photo". Apple caused this problem.

Why is it inconsiderate? It's completely logical. These forums are for troubleshooting Apple products, not Microsoft apps.

Regardless, You couldn't more wrong. Apple caused no problem. it's up to Microsoft to maintain compatibility with Apple Apps / OS, not the other way around. So stop complaining and keep using iPhoto until MS fixes it.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 6:06 AM in response to flloydfromstlucia

flloydfromstlucia wrote:

This answer strikes me as rather inconsiderate. This problem only began with the issue of the updated iPhoto to the so-called "Photo". Apple caused this problem.

Why is it inconsiderate? It's completely logical. These forums are for troubleshooting Apple products, not Microsoft apps.

Regardless, You couldn't more wrong. Apple caused no problem. it's up to Microsoft to maintain compatibility with Apple Apps / OS, not the other way around. So stop complaining and keep using iPhoto until MS fixes it.

Apr 25, 2015 12:19 AM in response to flloydfromstlucia

This problem only began with the issue of the updated iPhoto to the so-called "Photo". Apple caused this problem.

The version of Word you are using needs a compatibility update for Yosemite and the way, the Media Browser is working in Yosemite. The newest MacOS X changed considerably the way, applications are exchanging data. Even Apple's own applications Keynote, Numbers needed this compatibility update, to be able to access Photos in the Media Browser.

Why not continue to use iPhoto, while you are waiting for an update for Word? If you updated iPhoto to version 9.6.1, you should be able to launch it from Applications, confirm, that you want to use iPhoto and not Photos in the dialog that pops up, and ignore Photos for the time being. iPhoto works well with MacOS X 10.10.3.

Word for mac won't let me insert pictures anymore, only Photo Booth pictures not iPhoto pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.