Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't receive video messages?

For some reason I can't receive video messages from any person with any phone (especially if theyre over a minute). Sometimes I can't receive photos either. I have mms turned on but I don't know what the problem is. Also they mostly get received if I have my data turned on and not wifi

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:35 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:01 AM in response to x5sosloverx

Hey x5sosloverx

So you notice the problem with cellular data turned off. I would recommend that you read this article, it explains what happens to MMS without cellular data.

Learn about cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (Cellular Model) - Apple Support

Turn off cellular data

You can temporarily turn off cellular data to prevent apps from using the cellular network to send or receive data. Here's what happens when you turn off cellular data:

You won't be able to send or receive MMS messages. You can still send and receive SMS and iMessages (text or multimedia) when connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Can't receive video messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.