Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix keeps auto dimming on and off

Does anyone get display auto dim on and off (every like few seconds) when watching Netflix? (subtitles on)

I noticed this while watching Netflix. The display keeps auto dimming on and off during playback when you turn on the subtitles and during their change in dialogue.

I know that this may not be a Apple related issue but Netflix does not have an official user forum. 🙂

And for the record I have turned off the auto brightness option in the display settings. 😀

Does anyone else get this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 12:07 PM

Same here at iphone 6 Plus and Netflix, brightens or do I need to say Gamma is going up and down.

Usin iOS10 and it's year 2017.

7 replies

Dec 21, 2015 5:37 PM in response to VENOM7000

Having this same problem on Macbook Pro 13-Inch, Early 2015-- running OS X El Capitan (10.11.2) I would switch to chrome for the fix, but chrome only displays Netflix in 720p (vs Safari in 1080p) so the loss of resolution is just as much of a problem.

Have tried to leave a light on in my room while watching Netflix and this has made the issue less noticeable, but when in total darkness it is extremely annoying!

Any suggestions?

Netflix keeps auto dimming on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.