Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't create new iCloud acct bcs my email is attached to wife's acct

This Apple Id is my wife's. I want to create a new Apple Id with its own iCloud account, but when I try to it fails because my email account is already in use as her rescue email address. How can I create a new Apple Id and iCloud account using my email address? Do I need to have her change her rescue email address? We have tried to do that but don't know how to edit the account information.

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:18 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 1:47 PM in response to damaag

A new angle on this issue arose when my wife suggested that I might already have an Apple id using my gmail account. So I tried logging in using that id, indicating that I had forgotten my password. When I clicked ok, the login screen indicated that an email was sent which would enable me to reset my password and recover my account. However, no email has been received after three hours. If the Apple id is not a valid one, wouldn't the login process indicate such?

I can't create new iCloud acct bcs my email is attached to wife's acct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.