Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing OS X 10.3.2 in IBM VMware VirtualBox

I am a big electronics geek very familiar with both Linux and Windows and would like to explore Apple OS X. I purchased a complete set of OS X 10.3.2 discs at a yard sale but have no Apple hardware to install them on. How can I install OS X in VirtualBox so that I can run it on one of my other machines and explore the OS?

Software and Installation Discs-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Yard Sale purchase OS X 10.3.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 11:24 AM in response to noeman5

10.3 also is not where I'd start exploring the Mac OS X. I'd buy an Intel Mac from 2006 or later, with a minimum of Mac OS X 10.6. You can run Windows natively on the Mac without slowing down for Windows. Most Mac software is not written for PowerPC Macs anymore. If you got a Mac with just 10.3 installed, you might as well be running Windows 98. For $20 you can get 10.6 installed on any Intel Mac.

Those 10.3 discs though are probably not garbage. You might be able to get an older Mac those could run on, if they are retail.

10.3 system requirements upgrading to and beyond

Installing OS X 10.3.2 in IBM VMware VirtualBox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.