Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer PDF files from PC to IPAD using Itunes 12.1.2. Previous versions let me drag file in Itunes to Ipad and files appeared under Ibook but can't get it to work in latest 12.1.2 version.

How do I transfer PDF files from PC (Windows 7) to IPAD using Itunes 12.1.2. I would like to do files manually rather then auto synch. Previous versions let me drag file in Itunes to Ipad and files appeared under Ibook and then I could move them to an appropriate collection title. The interface appears to have changed in the latest ITunes version and I am not sure what the proper procedure is.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2, Itunes 12.1.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:42 AM

You've got the PDFs in the Books part of your iTunes library ? With the iPad connected to your iTunes, if you select the PDF in Books and click-and-drag it over towards the left-hand side of the iTunes screen, do you get a sidebar appear showing the iPad so that you can drop the PDF onto it ?

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 6:53 AM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin - Thanks it worked perfectly. I had my pdf files copied into ITunes on my PC but when I clicked on a pdf file to copy it I thought the sidebar would appear with my IPAD name and then I would drag it over. I didn't realize that I needed to click-and start dragging it towards the left-hand side for the sidebar to appear. It worked like a charm - THANKYOU!!!

How do I transfer PDF files from PC to IPAD using Itunes 12.1.2. Previous versions let me drag file in Itunes to Ipad and files appeared under Ibook but can't get it to work in latest 12.1.2 version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.