Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete just video portion of track in FCPX

I need to delete just the video portion of a track in FCPX. Even if I only edit audio and then expand out the clips to have sound under the audio only portion there is what appears to be gap/slug/black in the video portion of the track, and I can't connect the video portion of the two other tracks without black in between from what is supposed to be audio only.

User uploaded file

I'm trying to just delete the top part of the green track which is supposed to audio only.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:31 AM

Select it and use the Clip>Break Apart function. If you're going to edit audio only, rather than edit it into the primary, it's usually easier to edit as a connected clip, but break apart and delete will do the same thing.

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 5:00 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom,

I thought that was going to do it but I edited a new set of clips that I hadn't messed with yet and tried doing that and when I break apart clip items nothing happens. If I break apart clip items again it splits my single channel of audio into two channels that are connected, and I cannot completely get rid of the one that interferes with the video from the two adjacent clips. User uploaded file

How do I delete just video portion of track in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.