Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending Airport Network - No Internet Connection

I am trying to set up an extended network to extend the range of my wireless to give access to the entire house. The base station is an airport extreme and is working.

The settings on the base station are set to:

User uploaded file

The Airport Extreme that is set to extend joined but shows an error message of "no internet connection." I've read a bunch of forums but am getting nowhere as to how to fix the problem. Any help out there? All have already been completely reset to factory settings so I've been there and done that! Any help is appreciated!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Andromeda7625

what mode is the living room AE running.. please also post the screenshots of the Internet and network tab.

It seems the wireless has connected correctly but link is not able to pass IP addresses.. this might be due to something running in the wrong mode.

The interesting part is that the airport utility is even able to work when there is no IP on the Level 2 AE.

If your main router is not setup to pass sufficient IP addresses it could block the Level 2 from working.

You have done well but we need a few more screenshots to troubleshot the link.

Is the wireless client in the Level 2 status page.. 192.168.209.2 actually the IP of the other AE??

I am assuming the AE Living Room is in bridge then and the problem could be higher up .. ie the router the AE living room is plugged into.

Extending Airport Network - No Internet Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.