Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received a suspicious email

Logged in from a new Macbook air today and received perfectly valid emails telling me about the activity. Then later I got an almost identically formatted message that appeared to be from apple, but it was telling me that an album (Desparado by Enrique Iglesias) was purchased on my iTunes account. I thought it may have been someone in my family so I looked up the artist in the iTunes store and was surprised that there is no such album for that artist ... so I mouse-over'd the links (without clicking) in the email and sure enough ... they go to some survey site - not to Apple.

So I looked at the message again this time with a suspicious eye, and saw that it didn't look 100% proper. So here I am letting everyone else know about it.

The bad link:

http://peavysurveying.com/wsi

To: REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR OF THIS QUESTION - IN THE REAL MESSAGE MY CORRECT EMAIL APPEARED HERE
CC:
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 06:14:06 +1000
Subject: About your last Transaction

Your Apple Email ID, was used to purchase " "Desperado" Album by Enrique Iglesias ($ 9,99 ) from the iTunes Store on a Apple Iphone that had not previously been associated with you.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to BAD LINK APPEARED HERE - SHOWN ABOVE to cancel the transaction, Confirm that you're the owner of the account and then follow the instructions.

For more information, see our

Thanks,

Apple Customer Support

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:49 PM

1 reply

received a suspicious email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.