Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic trackpad sluggish

Hi,

I have a 2 week old 13" macbook air with the magic trackpad. I had 10.10.2 on it and upgraded to 10.10.3 a few days ago. I am finding that I have to constantly turn on and turn off the trackpad because the mouse becomes sluggish. I can still move it around but its sufficiently sluggish that I can't be precise about where I am clicking. Turning it on and off solves the problem. Also, if I leave my desk for a while and

I am seeing that I am not alone in this problem from the research that I've been doing online. One blog post said that by buying this usb bluetooth dongle he was able to solve the problem: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AY1K50U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF 8&psc=1

others found that various devices nearby such as a UPS were causing interference, others have suggested wifi is to blame and suggested turning it off. I've just turned off wifi, so we'll see if that works, and I ordered the bluetooth adapter, it hasn't arrived yet, but I wanted to see if others were having the same problem and if so, how they've solved it. I have two large monitors next to my macbook, I have not yet tried moving them away.

The problem is very disruptive to getting work done, so I was thinking about making a trip to see an Apple Genius, but it takes a bunch of time. I also read that 10.10.3 was supposed to solve some of these issues, but I guess not.

I'm newly returned to Apple from Windows after many years away and although I am overall really liking it, this is a significant inconvenience.

Thanks for any insight.

Nathan

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:14 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 12:52 PM in response to deadherring

Hi deadherring,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the Magic Trackpad will work but becomes slow and not accurate. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues - Apple Support

If multiple Bluetooth wireless devices are in use nearby, try turning them off one at a time to see if the issue improves. Bandwidth intensive devices could affect tracking.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

magic trackpad sluggish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.