Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto is not responding

When I try to go to Preferences in iPhoto, I get the spinning ball. I have to Force Quit as iPhoto is "not responding." I'm using iPhoto 9, version 8.1.2 on my 2009 Macbook with osx 10.6.8.

I deleted the Mobileme Gallery albums, and removed the plist and cache files as suggested on community support.

I would appreciate any help to do to fix this problem?

Also, is it correct that I cannot upgrade iPhoto if I continue to use 10.6.8? If I buy a new MacBook Pro, will the photos transfer successfully?

Thank you so much. I've spent MANY hours trying to figure this out with no success.

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 1:47 PM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Patricia Secoy

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

User uploaded file

iphoto is not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.