Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't activate a former employee's ipad

Hi,

I have an Ipad that a former employee gave us back after he left the company with some stealing problems. He did not left the passcode so I used the Recovery Mode with Itunes and restore the whole Ipad. Now when it starts the configuration dialog and after configuring the wi fi access it says that is associated with an apple id account which of course I don´t have it. What can I do ?

Regards,

Santiago

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:45 PM

The prior user who enabled the Apple ID and Find My Phone for the device is the only one who can remove it: Find My iPhone Activation Lock. If this was the former employee then you must have him/her unlock the iPad. Otherwise, it is permanently locked and can never be used. The company originally purchased the device, so they may be able to request the Apple help unlock the iPad.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 2:45 PM in response to sant383

The prior user who enabled the Apple ID and Find My Phone for the device is the only one who can remove it: Find My iPhone Activation Lock. If this was the former employee then you must have him/her unlock the iPad. Otherwise, it is permanently locked and can never be used. The company originally purchased the device, so they may be able to request the Apple help unlock the iPad.

Apr 17, 2015 2:59 PM in response to sant383

If I might suggest for the future:

About Mobile Device Management

"This document offers guidance on some important considerations for getting the most out of your iOS deployment." Covers: Prepare your infrastructure. Set up devices. Configure and manage devices. Deploy apps and content. Plan for support.

Quick overview of zero-touch MDM enrollment, DEP.

Consider DEP, Device Enrollment Program. Use VPP, Volume Purchase Program. Select an MDM, Mobile Device Management. Read the Google doc below and nsdjoey write up.

IT Resources -- ios & OS X -- This is a fantastic web page. I like the education site over the business site.

View documentation, video tutorials, and web pages to help IT professionals develop and deploy education solutions.

Education

scroll down after all the pretty picture. Click on the words "For It".

Business site is:

If necessary, scroll down until you see the Browse IT Resources button. Click on button.

MDM -- Mobile Device Management

VPP -- Volume Purchase Program

Joe Rowe's Excellent guides:

IT managers who are new to configurator and managing a cart of ios devices:

[ original announcement ]

Quick help presentation for students:

Apple - Business - Volume Purchase Program for Business

Business & Education - Apple Support

I can't activate a former employee's ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.