Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moved to new computer, sync ipod without delete

I've just upgraded my windows laptop. Got all my files and libraries moved to the new computer. However, now I want to sync my music with my ipod and it wants to ERASE everything (movies, music, tv shows) from my iPod before letting me sync. Is there any way I can sync without deleting everything? I've already uninstalled (and de-authorized) iTunes from my old computer.

HELP!

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:34 PM

This suggests that you copied your media from the old computer but not the iTunes database (the iTunes Library.itl file) - the unique library id that determines how libraries are distinguished for sync purposes is contained within the latter. This behavior is completely separate from your Apple ID and how computers are authorized for iTunes Store purchases - iTunes will only see the library on the new PC as being the same as the one on the old one if you've replicated the database as part of migrating the library.

See How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support and turingtest2's user tip on Make a split library portable for additional information.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 2:34 PM in response to Owen Mortensen

This suggests that you copied your media from the old computer but not the iTunes database (the iTunes Library.itl file) - the unique library id that determines how libraries are distinguished for sync purposes is contained within the latter. This behavior is completely separate from your Apple ID and how computers are authorized for iTunes Store purchases - iTunes will only see the library on the new PC as being the same as the one on the old one if you've replicated the database as part of migrating the library.

See How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support and turingtest2's user tip on Make a split library portable for additional information.

moved to new computer, sync ipod without delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.