Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network users not appearing on new Yosemite iMacs.

I manage a small school iMac lab (about 30 computers). We use Workgroup Manager 10.8 running on OS X server 10.8.5 to manage our users and groups. I recently installed 10 new iMacs running Yosemite. Once these new computers were joined to the network, there were a small number of users whose login accounts don't appear at the user selection screen. The users are there on the older computers, which are still running Mountain Lion. If I choose "Other" and manually type in the user account information, I can log in with those users, but they still don't appear on the user list once I log out. Why would the users show up on the older Mountain Lion iMacs but not the newer Yosemite iMacs?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:57 PM

1 reply

Network users not appearing on new Yosemite iMacs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.