Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a receipt for a rented movie but can't find the movie in iTunes or on Video app.

I have a receipt for a rented movie but can't find the movie in iTunes or on Video app. Shouldn't it show in my movie file on iTunes or Video app on iPad?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:14 AM

If you rented it on your iPad then it should have downloaded into its Videos app - if it hasn't completed downloading then it might still show in the iTunes app in a Downloads tab in it (Downloads only shows if there are downloads happening), the iTunes app on your iPad is just the store.

If it doesn't show in Videos then does it show via the iPad's spotlight search screen : pull down the centre of the homescreen (not from the very top of the screen, that will open Notification Centre) ?

If you rented it on your computer's iTunes then you will have to connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and use its Movies tab to move it over to the iPad - rentals are a one-time only download, so won't show on your iPad for redownloading.

If you can't find it on the device/computer that you rented it on then try the 'report a problem' page to contact iTunes Support : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 9:14 AM in response to jtobydc

If you rented it on your iPad then it should have downloaded into its Videos app - if it hasn't completed downloading then it might still show in the iTunes app in a Downloads tab in it (Downloads only shows if there are downloads happening), the iTunes app on your iPad is just the store.

If it doesn't show in Videos then does it show via the iPad's spotlight search screen : pull down the centre of the homescreen (not from the very top of the screen, that will open Notification Centre) ?

If you rented it on your computer's iTunes then you will have to connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and use its Movies tab to move it over to the iPad - rentals are a one-time only download, so won't show on your iPad for redownloading.

If you can't find it on the device/computer that you rented it on then try the 'report a problem' page to contact iTunes Support : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

I have a receipt for a rented movie but can't find the movie in iTunes or on Video app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.