Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

username problems

Hello, I log-in with my username on my mac then when i was trying to update imovie it require me to put again my password but this time my username appears as ***** for some reason the . disappear and it does not let me modified so i need help on what should i do

thanks

<Email Edited by Host>

App Store-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 2:45 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 1:30 PM in response to camilafromcambridge

Hi camilafromcambridge,

It appears you are unable to access updates in the Mac App Store. You may want to try signing out of the store, and signing back in. I've included an article which explains how to do so. I've also linked to an article on how to change your Apple ID password if necessary:

Mac App Store: Sign in and out

To make purchases, you need to sign in using an Apple ID.

If you already have an iTunes Store account or another Apple account, you can use that Apple ID. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, you can create one in App Store.

Sign in using an Apple ID

1. Choose Store > Sign In, or click Sign In in the Quick Links section.

The Quick Links section is located in the right part of the window shown when you click Featured, Top Charts, or Categories in the toolbar.

2. Enter your Apple ID and password, and then click Sign In.

Create an Apple ID and then sign in

1. Do one of the following:
    • Choose Store > Create Account.

• Choose Store > Sign In or click Sign In in the Quick Links section, and then click Create Apple ID.

The Quick Links section is located in the right part of the window shown when you click Featured, Top Charts, or Categories in the toolbar.

2. Follow the onscreen instructions to create a new Apple ID.
  3. Choose Store > Sign In or click Sign In in the Quick Links section.
  4. Enter the new Apple ID and password, and then click Sign In.

Sign out

When you are finished using App Store, you can sign out to prevent anyone who can access your computer from making purchases using your Apple ID.

Choose Store > Sign Out.

Determine the currently active Apple ID

Choose Store > View My Account, or click Welcome in the Quick Links section.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

username problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.