Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove google game links from launchpad

User uploaded file

How can I remove the Google play, Popit!, and Entanglement Icons from Launchpad? They are just web links so the is no real app in the applications folder. Also they do not have the X when you long click and the icons start to shake. I'm on Yosemite. I'm a bit new to mac also. Thanks for any help!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:52 AM

Had the same problem - my solution:

I did a Finder search for one of the Googel based link icons. (I did it with "you tube") - than i could find its location - there was a folder called "Chrome-Apps"

(username>Application>chrome-apps) - i deleted the hole folder, and luckily no more links in my launchpad!

Seems like Google created the application folder under my user profile by itself....?! Because there was nothing els than the chrome apps folder inside, and chrome itself is located inside my common application folder.

Hope I could help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 5:52 AM in response to MechMessiah

Had the same problem - my solution:

I did a Finder search for one of the Googel based link icons. (I did it with "you tube") - than i could find its location - there was a folder called "Chrome-Apps"

(username>Application>chrome-apps) - i deleted the hole folder, and luckily no more links in my launchpad!

Seems like Google created the application folder under my user profile by itself....?! Because there was nothing els than the chrome apps folder inside, and chrome itself is located inside my common application folder.

Hope I could help.

How do I remove google game links from launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.