Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you solve the so called "Black Screen Of Death " On an iMac Intel 27" EMC 2309 and 2374

According to various forums I've visited , this is very common issue that Apple has not addressed. I've read that it could be a logic board issue on the graphics card or a LED driver board issue or even a temp problem. My friend just got this issue resolved on her MacBook Pro but it cost her $500 to have it taken care of. This problem is making Apple look very bad in the eyes of it's customer's. I won't post some of the negative comments I've come across on these forums as a result of consumer frustration with Apple not taking care of this. Let's just say it needs to be addressed. Oh and the " Black Screen Of Death " is what people are calling it, not sure of the official problem name but it's an intermittent tendency of the display to go completely black while the OS is running fine.

iPad, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:59 PM

1 reply

How do you solve the so called "Black Screen Of Death " On an iMac Intel 27" EMC 2309 and 2374

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.