Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro keeps ejecting disks?

A few months ago, my Macbook Pro started not being able to read disks.

It ejects them about 10-15 seconds after I put them in.

It sounds like it's trying to read the disk, but can't so it spits them out.

I only ever use one disk, my Sims disk, so when it stopped working, I thought it was just a temporary thing and didn't worry about it.

I just stopped playing Sims for a while. But now, a few months later, it still isn't working, so clearly something is wrong.

I've tried cleaning it, restarting the computer, nothing has worked so far.

I've read that the Superdrive(I think that's what it's called) needs to be replaced.

Are there any other ways to fix it? Or is the only way to get it replaced?

I got my Macbook Pro brand-new exactly a year ago.

It's in perfect condition other than this problem.

I'm running the newest software update, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 I think it's called.

If I have to get it replaced, do any of you know how much that would cost and how to do it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:57 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 2:45 PM in response to AmberNicol16

Good Afternoon AmberNicol16,

The resource below will provide some troubleshooting steps for the issue you are having with disks being ejected from your MacBook Pro. There are links in the article to make a reservation with a Genius in an Apple Retail Store or to contact an Apple Authorized service provider. After physically inspecting your device they can suggest service options and costs.

Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201788

Regards,

- Judy

Macbook Pro keeps ejecting disks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.