Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Army Bad Certificates

I'm relatively new to the army and I'm still unable to log in to any of the DoD websites from my MacBook Pro (AKO, LMS, MyPay, etc.). I've purchased a CAC reader, I've downloaded the software but no matter what I do and which browser I use I just get a sea of 'bad certificate' errors. There are over 2 million AKO users, is their only option to use a PC? This seems ridiculous but I can't find any information that states otherwise. I'm at the point now where I need to complete online training to get promoted and my only options are to purchase Windows and run it in bootcamp or entirely switch to a Windows machine. I'm in the market for a second computer and right now it seems like staying on a Mac will actually hinder my career. Is there anyone out there who's had similar successes or failures? I have about a half dozen coworkers who also use Mac and their solution is, rather non-technically, stay at work and complete the required training in the office after hours.

details:

MacPro 13" mid 2012

OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

Up to date Flash and Java

IOGEAR CAC Reader and Centrify smart card support software

Errors:

Chrome: 'ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT'

Firefox: 'Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_alert'

Safari gives me no error, the page just never loads.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:15 PM

3 replies

Army Bad Certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.