Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airport is not showing up in Airport Utility - but I am logged on and using it!

This is really weird.

I have an airport extreme (one of the tall white towers) and I've been using it for a long time. I am using it right now to connect to the internet, all of my family is using it.

But suddenly, I couldn't connect to my wireless printer. I tried reseting it and logging back on but I got an error.

So, I thought I would use Airport Utility to see if there was an update.

It can't find my airport extreme. It keeps looking.

I'm guessing that I will end up reseting the airport, but I thought that I would try the forum first.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:01 PM

Suggest that you try the basics first, before thinking about resetting devices.

A complete network power cycle is a good place to start.....just power off every device on the network.....in any order that you want

Wait a minute or two

Power up the modem and let it run 2-3 minutes

Power up the next device connected to the modem and let it run a minute

Keep powering devices up one at a time about a minute apart until the entire network is back up

Check the network

If everything is OK except the printer, you will need to reinstall the printer again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 5:01 PM in response to MultiMacMan

Suggest that you try the basics first, before thinking about resetting devices.

A complete network power cycle is a good place to start.....just power off every device on the network.....in any order that you want

Wait a minute or two

Power up the modem and let it run 2-3 minutes

Power up the next device connected to the modem and let it run a minute

Keep powering devices up one at a time about a minute apart until the entire network is back up

Check the network

If everything is OK except the printer, you will need to reinstall the printer again.

My Airport is not showing up in Airport Utility - but I am logged on and using it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.