Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Screen is not functioning correctly

so recently i took my ipad mini into the car and its pretty hot in there, but not as hot as to make you break a sweat- just pretty clammy. my ipad was charged around 70-80% and i put the brightness all the way up so i could see the screen display. This worked for a while, until i opened an app and the ipad suddenly shut off- or at least the screen went black. I tried to restart it and held down on the power button for 10+ seconds. I couldnt see anything, so i figured i would need to charge it- but it was more than halfway charged so this really confused me.

Then i started searching online- a couple of people on a few forums had the same problem- i tried holding both the home and power button for 10 seconds- nothing happened. I tried smacking my ipad (like what the forum said) and nothing happened. I tried connecting it to itunes and i heard the charging noise. Then finally, i went into a dark room and used a flashlight to angle at it and i could see the screen only faintly- the sounds work- i hear the keys click and My email and messages being recieved but the screen is just too dark to be even slightly noticeable in natural light. I tried working with the brightness but no matter where i slid it- it stayed the same. I can really only play music but that would still take a hassle to set up. All my other apps work but i am not able to use them because of how dim the screen is. I use my ipad for everything- school, digital art, the works... any suggestions?

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:49 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2015 6:17 PM in response to Mytikviktor

Try resetting it again. HOld down the sleep and home for 10-20 seconds or so, until you see the silver apple. See if it reboots.

if that doesn't help, then you may want to look into restoring your device

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If that doesn't work then it may be time to make an appointment at your local apple store and have the techs check it out

iPad Mini Screen is not functioning correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.