Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to Internet via WiFi

Just lurched a Mac Book Air. Tried to set it up, got interrupted for a couple of weeks, am now trying to finish setting up. However, currently stucked at a point where it ask to sign in to ICloud, when I sign in, it says I need to check the Internet connection. I can't check it as it doesn't allow me to go past trying to sign in. How do I hard wire to a connection to Internet or how do I get past the sign in to check WiFi?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3, Set up

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:45 PM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2015 6:04 PM in response to Chuckpittman

Hi,

I think there is not an option to skip the sign in as is required.

-First make sure you indeed have Internet access.

-Second, try to access your account from another PC to make sure is not your credentials.

-Third, if your router is quite old, that could be the problem (a friend of mine experience issues with Wi-Fi at his home and ended on the router was no compatible with the Mac because of the "age").

Fourth, Make sure that WiFi connection is no been filter by any security filtering application (like the ones at work)

-Fourth, if you wants to do that wired, you need to buy a Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B008ALA6DW)

Apr 17, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Chuckpittman

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Unable to connect to Internet via WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.