Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 flashlight feature not working after software update

I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.3, and then I noticed today that my flashlight app is not working?! The flash works for the camera.... And I know it's the same thing.... So I'm not sure why the flashlight shortcut isn't working, but I tap it, and nothiby happens. I tried restarting my phone and nothing.

I went to google with my problem, and everything I found involved the camera also not working.... But my camera works fine, it's JUST the flashlight shortcut that is not functioning.

I didn't use it too often, but I know it was working fine before I updated my iOS. My phone battery was low at the original time I tried using it, like at 20%, so I thought maybe that was affecting it, but I have now charged it, and still it is not working.

Anyone else with this issue since the software update?! Any fixes?!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Boost network

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:05 PM

8 replies

Aug 20, 2017 2:29 PM in response to Snyderkjna

Sorry I do not know how to fix the problem but I'm also having the same issue and it's happened a few times already. It will randomly just start working again but I'm not sure why and how long it takes. Then it will stop working. Not that that's helpful but I wanted to say that RESETING THE PHONE DOESNT WORK. If you previously read the the other comments and the post itself it states this and I know because I tried it. Also as the writer of the post stated turning the phone off then back on doesn't work either. If anyone has a valid solution please let us know! Thank you! Snyderkjna - if you found a solution please let me know! I just realized this post was from 2015. Thank you!

Jul 25, 2016 1:52 PM in response to Snyderkjna

I woke up this morning to my rear camera not working. It would not work on the iPhone camera app or on any other photo apps I have downloaded. It would take video, but not photos. A few days ago my flashlight stopped working as well. After reading everyone's input on how to fix this issue this is what I did and it seems to have worked.

1. Restore and delete everything on your iPhone.

Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase All Content and Settings

2. Restore phone from original back up method (computer or iCloud)

3. Put your phone in low power mode.

Settings >> Battery >> Low power mode

Wait a few minutes while the phone is on low power mode.

4. Go back to Settings>> Battery>> Low power mode and turn Low power mode off.

Now try your camera. It worked for me. Hopefully it continues to work, haha. Good luck!

iPhone 6 flashlight feature not working after software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.