Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Photos

Why does Apple have to make such a horrible new way for us to HAVE to use our photos?

People say they can't see their events. You can...just use the sidebar. Yet, you can't search the way you did in iPhoto. You type a search word, and the events come down in list form, rather than the photo matching events that are visible to us humans!! There's no way to "show event" when you get to a picture, merge...it's just awful.

You can use the old version of iPhoto, yet if you do, those updates won't appear in the new photos. I wish we could just go to Apple and tell them this ***** and cut it out already. Stop force changing everything.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:36 PM

MHT123 wrote:

Why does Apple have to make such a horrible new way for us to HAVE to use our photos?

You do NOT HAVE TO

You can use iPhoto. Photos, or anything else you like. You just have to choose one of them.

6 replies

Apr 17, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Csound1

Hi, Csound1::)

Yes, I see that, and I'm glad.

I don't mind the new Photos...I guess in general, us humans take time to change.

I do like on iPhoto, the search, and not in Photos.

As well, if I see a photo in iPhoto, I could always click on the bottom, and "see event".

I'm sure there are lots of things you can still do, just not familiar enough yet...but it should be easy from the start, and I don't really see the basic options.

Search is important for what I do, so....

Anyway, thanks!!!

🙂

Apr 18, 2015 5:52 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence I would appreciate you help as I am pretty useless technically. I have switched to Photos from iPhoto, and my devices - iPad, iPhone etc., still seem to be "seeing" the old library, even though I have deleted a lot of old photos, and old events within Photos.

I do not have iCloud photo library turned on, or photo stream, or photo sharing, as I like to load to my devices individually - some are work owned, etc.

I am wondering if there is a simple solution - there is probably something I am overlooking.

Thank You

Nick

Apr 19, 2015 4:26 AM in response to Yer_Man

I did in fact delete the photos - and the events because I want to create new and more organised albums, but as I said some pictures still remain, all the deleted events still show on my mac when I connect my devices for synching - and I am disconnected from the iCloud library which I am sure is empty.

Have you any further thoughts?

Many Thanks

Nick

New Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.