Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod won't turn on?

I received my iPod 5 as a gift about 2.5 years ago, bought and shipped from the States because I live in Japan. My iPod has just randomly shut off before and wouldn't turn on but I would use my home and power button to reboot. However, three days ago my home button just suddenly stopped working. I can't even press the home button anymore or anything and today my iPod just randomly shut off out of nowhere. I've hooked it up to iTunes but my device doesn't appear. What can I do to fix this? Do I need a new iPod? And I tried using this reboot software that someone suggested on another Apple Support thread but the file for Windows computer has been removed.

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 6:31 PM

11 replies

Apr 17, 2015 6:40 PM in response to Keyunah

I've had random issues with mine but usually a reboot helps it. Holding down the sleep and home keys until you see the silver apple.

But when my screen has messed up I'll also get a response when I plug it into the computer, which you say you're not getting. if it were responding I'd suggest a restore but I'm not sure if that'll work when the device isn't responding.

Apr 18, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Keyunah

See what you missed here:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod won't turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.