Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5 charging problems

Well, my iPod stopped charging with my lightning cable.It wasn't a big deal so I just charged it on my dock. I noticed something weird while at a friends house. My iPod didn't work with his lightning cable either.Instead it did charge until my lockscreen appeared but after stopped charging.Then today my iPod didn't charge with the dock. I tried my lightning cable and that worked. I find it weird that this happened. When my iPod went completely black, I put it on the dock and it charged. It only charged for a few minutes until it turned on. What should I do?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 1:53 AM in response to gr1127

Try the remaining items if

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod 5 charging problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.