Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (Mid 2009) A1304 WIFI help

Wifi not available even in Recovery mode. I have replaced the Airport WiFi module (3x) and ribbon wire. Bluetooth works OK, although no WiFi interface is visible on network preferences. I've run disk utilities and AHT diagnostics all OK no problems.

I have reset the SMC & PRAM, repaired permissions. The only thing I haven't tried is replacing WiFi antenna and the 3 cables that run to Airport. I’ve installed Yosemite several times (Wifi not available on load menus) and same issue continues.

Anyone seen this or know what to do?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 8:53 PM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2015 5:23 AM in response to cjpjjones

I have the same problem with exact the same MacBook Air (mid 2009). I also replaced the WIFI module and the cable connection to the motherboard with no results. The strange thing is that the WiFi card shows up in the "System Report" but not in the "Network System Preferences".

PRAM / VRAM resets and clean system installs won't work, I fear that this is probably a motherboard issue. But if someone could confirm this it would be

highly appreciated.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Sep 22, 2015 6:36 AM in response to JenzMika

Hi everybody! After a many tests (I changed the airport board, airport cable and wifi antenna, SMC and PRAM reset, bluetooh turn on/off and restart) and nothing worked!!! The last cause that I think is the mainboard problem! Ok, before to change the mainboard I try downgrade OSX to Mavericks a usb boot in a fresh install and..... Voilà de the wifi back before the installation!!!! In the initial Mavericks screen installation (usb mavericks boot+option hold and power). I finished the installation and the wifi works perfectly!!! The problem is the Yoshemite incompability with A1304!!!!!!!

MacBook Air (Mid 2009) A1304 WIFI help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.