Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I correct my iTunes passcode from reverting to my husband's password when I update app?

I created a new iTunes account on my iPhone and every time I try to update any of the apps, the passcode request reverts to my husbands or it states my password is incorrect so I create a new one and the cycle continues.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:14 PM

12 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:11 AM in response to lqueiruga

Do you mean that the account id shows your husband's id ? All items that are downloaded from the store are tied to the account that downloaded them - if those apps were downloaded by you husband's account then only his account can download updates to them.

If they were downloaded by your account then try logging out of your account by tapping on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app and then log back in.

(Generally if you change your account's password you might need to then log out and back into it on any devices that it's used on so as to 'refresh' the account on them.)

Apr 18, 2015 7:31 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks,

I did as you suggested about. The problem now is that when I try to update any installed apps on my phone that I myself added, a sing in to iTunes box appears and wants me to enter my husband's password even though I have entered all of my information and password into the settings? Should I just take it into an Apple Store and see what they can do?

Apr 18, 2015 7:43 AM in response to lqueiruga

lqueiruga wrote:

Thanks,

I did as you suggested about. The problem now is that when I try to update any installed apps on my phone that I myself added, a sing in to iTunes box appears and wants me to enter my husband's password even though I have entered all of my information and password into the settings? Should I just take it into an Apple Store and see what they can do?

Delete the apps and download them again, using your ID this time.

Apr 18, 2015 8:09 AM in response to lqueiruga

If you mean that you downloaded them directly on your phone, then whose account was logged into the store on the phone when you downloaded them ? If your husband's account then they will be tied to his account, and only his account will be able to download updates to them - you would have to delete the apps (which will delete their content) and redownload them with your account for them to be linked to your account and to be able to download future updates using your account.

If you synced them from your computer then similar to above, they will be tied to the account that downloaded them from the store on that computer's iTunes

How do I correct my iTunes passcode from reverting to my husband's password when I update app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.