Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a Gateway Keyboard on a mac?

I have a gateway

SK-9920

Keyboatrd I am tyring to use on an older iMac -- with the color-coded edition. From approximately 2000..?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 10:40 PM in response to Mark Williams3

The Windows keyboard will function with your iMac, exclusive of any special function keys that may require a driver. On the Windows keyboard, the two keys (Windows and Alt) next to the space bar are juxtaposed, when compared to their positions on a Mac keyboard. Just remember that the Windows logo key functions as the Apple Command key and the Alt key is the same as the Apple alt/option key.

Apr 18, 2015 1:10 AM in response to Mark Williams3

There are two helpful articles about using a non-Apple keyboard with Apple Mac product;

one is from Microsoft support and the other is from Apple Support. (Note: Boot Camp.)

This article, which should help in a reverse logic, similar to Microsoft's w/ additional ideas:

•Boot Camp: About keyboards and key assignment for Microsoft Windows - Apple Support

•Keyboard Mappings using a PC Keyboard on a Macintosh:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/970299

Hopefully these will be of some help since most times the keyboard can be used without issue

however a few instances where an official Apple keyboard (even older white plastic) is a

better choice for a Mac with OS X, than a windows-based PC keyboard for startup shortcuts.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Can I use a Gateway Keyboard on a mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.