Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s charger is damaged within an year of purchase. I have come to know that the other iphone users too face similar problems. Couldn't they provide a quality charger for such an expensive gadget?

accessories are of low quality

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:47 PM

If you damaged your charger, I fail to see how that indicates Apple made a low quality product. I think, in all the years I've owned iPhone or iPods, I've had one cable fail. That's because, like you I damaged it. I slammed it in a desk drawer.

15 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Muhammed Hashir

You are not addressing Apple here as you may have thought in your original post. This is a user to user support forum. If you would like to provide feedback to Apple, telling them about how you feel about the quality of their cables (not the charger, the cable), then go to the feedback page and click on the appropriate subject area. www.apple.com/feedback

Apr 21, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Muhammed Hashir

What difference if others have experienced the problems. You want to deal with your own, and they deal with theirs. Apple provides warranty for problems. I've had an iPhone 4s here at home since they were released, and it is still using the same cord. Most cord problems are caused by the user, not the manufacture. The bulk of cable complaints have surrounded the lightning cable, which was released with the iPhone 5.

Apr 21, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Muhammed Hashir

Muhammed Hashir wrote:

My objective is to find out whether other users around the world have the same problem because I've come to know similar issues from many others known to me. I am well awared of the feedback page of Apple, even though, thank you.

I absolutely guarantee that no matter what problem you have, other people in the world among the 700 million iPhone users will have the same problem. So a poll on the subject is absolutely meaningless. Suppose 1,000 people said the had whatever the problem is. What does that prove? That 0.0001% of users have the same problem? what have you learned that is useful from that fact? How does it help solve your problem?

Apr 21, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Muhammed Hashir

I Just gave an example. If 1,000 people responded with the same problem, meaning .001% had the problem, do you think Apple would be concerned? You are more likely to get under 10; that would mean 0.00001%. I've actually seen several dozen similar posts in 2 years. That doesn't sound like a quality problem to me. It sounds like a few dozen people don't know how to take care of their sensitive electronic possessions. I have 5 iOS devices currently, and I've had a total of 8 since 2007. Plus another 6 iPods. I've never had any Apple cable fail In 15 years.

My iphone 4s charger is damaged within an year of purchase. I have come to know that the other iphone users too face similar problems. Couldn't they provide a quality charger for such an expensive gadget?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.