Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automating a File to be placed inside an Applet

I am working with an Applet made in Apple Script designed to generate an email. How the Applet works is.. upon running it gives the user prompts to fill and recording said prompts in to a numbers to document then at the end of the pay period generate a report to a Manager. Where the hiccup is happening is the numbers doc is stripped from the applet upon transmission(if the Applet is emailed out for example), don't know quite sure why. So A. if anyone knows how to embed a spreadsheet inside an Apple Script Applet that would solve said issue B. If this literally cannot be done I would like to create an Automator app that will accept said spreadsheet open the Applet via a "Show Package Contents" command and move the numbers doc in to the correct location. Source could be made available upon request. I am unsure why the Applet strips the numbers doc strips the doc from its package upon transmission and want to make the process as seamless for the end user as possible, right clicking a file for " show package contents" and placing the file (Numbers doc) allows to much room for error.

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:11 PM

There are no replies.

Automating a File to be placed inside an Applet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.